Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The day I REALLY lost my cell phone ...

This is a status update about my adventure on January 31, 2014. I know that many people feel they are God's favorite, but I truly am. Here's why. Yesterday I somehow lost my cell phone. I had been to Wal-Mart, Taco Bell parking lot to clean out car, Golden Corral, and then realized my phone was missing. I didn't panic because I am VERY skilled at losing that phone. However, this was not a normal "loss". The phone was not in the car. I had not taken it into Golden Corral, so there was no point in going to look there - even though Kayla kept insisting I at least look. I drove wayyyyyy back up the road (this was Greensboro) to the Taco Bell parking lot - we looked - NOTHING. Kayla went in and asked - NOTHING. I am outside ripping the car apart and looking - under seats, between seats, door slots, pocket book, coat pockets, in the back window area, trunk ... nothing. I say, "Okay, to he** with it, it is gone. Lets just go home." We get back in the car and I think...mmm lets make sure it isn't at Wal-Mart. So I take a left and go up the hill from the Taco Bell to the Wal-Mart and send Kayla in. The windshield had been absolutely coated with the crap from the road coming up from drivers in front of me so while rolling around the parking lot to circle back to the front I almost killed a guy getting in the buggies (SO SORRY GUY...AGAIN) ...anyway at that point, I sadly I had forgotten that it had been talked on WHILE I was cleaning out the car at Taco Bell, but I couldn't tell Kayla that..um no phone and all, so I waited and she came back out. She said they didn't have it and I told her I knew..I had talked on it at Taco Bell. Well, we were happy, because we "knew" that it was at least in the car because how could it not be in the car if I talked on it at Taco Bell? Hmmm? Well, here's the fun part and where you know God loves me...the most

We go back down the drive and to the Battleground Avenue pull out and take a right. Me, being the ever curious former life as a cat person that I am, look to the left...on the road no less..as I pull into the four lanes of Battleground Avenue traffic ... and guess what I see? Yes! MY PHONE. Laying there...like..hey...ya lost me! Well I immediately whipped the car back into Taco Bell parking lot and said, "Kayla! I found it!!" She looked at me like I was mental because I was merely driving. She goes, "Where?" I told her it was in the median. Well ...the traffic there is not the best and it took forever to get into the road from the Golden Corral parking lot, so I thought there would be a death if we tried to get out on that road and get it so I look around and what do I see? A Greensboro police officer waiting to get his car washed - at the end of a long line, thank you - and I blow my horn and roll down the window. I tell him my dilemma. He says that he will turn his cruiser around and pull onto Battleground behind me and put his lights on and that way I can get out and grab the phone. I was THRILLED. Well, it got even better. We do the plan and my cell phone is laying there in THREE pieces. It was right there so close I simply opened my door to pick it up. However, two of the pieces were together and the other was nowhere to be seen. I unbuckled and got out and about 20 feet IN FRONT of the phone and battery was the back. I grabbed that and got back in the car, waving to the officer and handed the phone to Kayla.

So what happened? Not only did this thing turn on immediately . . . but the screen didn't crack, the camera did not get broken, and NEITHER of the two cards that are in the phone even loosened!!

Can anyone top that? ... Yes .. God LOVES me..and I LOVE HIM ...Thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment