Saturday, February 22, 2014

Teenagers .. in love? I think not.

It is just amazing to me when teenagers wish to be taken seriously and be considered mature when they play relationship roulette. I am HOPING other adults are seeing this trend - maybe it isn't even new. A teen gets into a "relationship" and is "in love" within hours or even days. Yet, they are in a new relationship before the month ends. And then, with the next "relationship" they are in, they are in LOVE immediately although they were just in love with another last week. REALLY!? Man that is some instant kinda love.

I hate to tell you, KIDS, but either you are MATURE and understand that love is NOT that easily found, or you are IMMATURE and realize that older people may actually have some kind of CLUE as to what they are talking about.

I am happy to say that my daughter, who is a teen, does not fall in love as easily. Hopefully this means we have somehow raised her "right". She has fallen in love before and while I don't care for the person (anymore) because of their ability to fall in and out of love easily with others and treat my daughter like shit, I believe she truly THINKS she loved/loves him.

While I'm on the soap box ... let me just say that just because you are turning 18 "in a few months" or are already at the cusp of 18, PLEASE, for the love of God, remember that you are NOT alone and do not need to just ditch the people who have been loving and caring for you during your entire life. We are not going anywhere, even if you feel that you are going to be free once that new age pops up. God help the teens today (Yes, Kayla is one of these teens with that thrill that she is almost 18) realize that they need to slow down and BREATHE ...

Okay....I'm done for now. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment